Question

Stereo Pair connection drop out

• 24 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey! 

hopefully you experts can help me - my living room set up is a recently upgraded gen 2 Play 5 and two gen 1 Play 1s as left and right - they’ve always had moments of spotty connection - even with the Gen 1 Play 5 - you could hear them stop/starting or dropping out altogether which got worse and worse up until the time when the new generation came available.

Upgrading seemed to fix this issue but now a few months on the stereo pair is - at best - dropping in and out and - at worst, and at present - just not playing. They also disappear from the app regularly entirely. I’ve tried hard resets, resetting my phone and I’m just a bit fed up that so much expenditure still gives an inconsistent performance. 

I have the old generation play 5 still also but set up as a separate system and set as line in to my record player.

My diagnostic number is 276078744 and any help is awesome

edit; the play 1 gen 1 in my kitchen has also disappeared from the app completely now also.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Ekim9090, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, It shows a couple of issues. Audio dropouts, Interference in Wireless mode, bad cloud health on the speakers. Kindly check these articles for some troubleshooting steps. Reduce wireless interference, Music Service Audio dropouts, and If the speakers are way too far from the router that causes bad cloud health since it’s not getting enough signal bandwidths. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.