Answered

Status not updated in the app

• 25 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all!

After several weeks of testing and investigating, I eventually decided to involve you. Hope you can help me to bring some light into this topic. It is weird and not easy to describe. I do my best!

Products:

• Beam2
  • 2* Sonos One SL
  • SubMini

Firmware of all devices is updated. So are the Apps on all mobile phones / tablets / computers.

Beam2 is the main device. It is attached to the LG TV eArc.

So far so good, it works.

The iOS app as well as the MacOS app have issues to „connect“ to the system. The connection itself works. I can send commands to the system. Volume changes, play music … whatever. It all works, basically.

However, the app(s) do not show the current status. When I open the app, the volume is zero, the music which is played is not displayed in the app. It looks like it is not connected. Screenshot attached - it was playing music while I made it.

What I did so far.

Plugged an ethernet cable into the Beam2. It is now connected via cable, the other speakers use the Sonos network. They do not show up in the WiFi settings any more.

Suddenly, it worked - for a while. As soon as I quit the app and open it again: nothing is shown in the app. If I change the network settings again: „hey, here is what I doing“ - all visible in the app. Until I close and open the app again.

Reset of all devices, started setup from scratch. Result is same as before.

I am running out of ideas. Do you have a hint?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 February 2023, 16:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Puzzling. At the least, I’d start with a network refresh, in order to eliminate the possibility of duplicate IP addresses being an issue. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router, and give it a couple of minutes to come back up. Then plug back in your Sonos, and give them a couple of minutes to come back up before trying a test.

If that doesn’t do anything, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of duplicating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce!

The network settings are ok. I allocate dedicated ip addresses to all Sonos devices via Mac addresses.

Apparently, the origin was on my raspberry Pi - the Sonos http API service was running. This service prevented the app from connecting. It somehow interfered the connection.

I did not remember that I had tested this api interface months ago. When the rasp pi was restarted, the service started again … result “no connection”. I disabled the API service. Looks promising.

Best

E.