Answered

Spotify starts playing randomly

• 23 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi

I have a problem of late where our main zone connect amp randomly starts playing a completely random spotify song.  Reading some other topics it seems like a rogue control device is the likely culprit, so Im trying to find out which one!

It just happened very recently and I sent a diagnostic file through straight away - number 799321881 - the random play will have been the last thing that played .  Can any of the spotify reps who frequent the forums take a look at it for me and shed any light on the issue.

Thanks heaps

Barry

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 12 February 2021, 19:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @bazfletch333.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, the command is coming from an iOS controller (iPhone9), it triggers the playback on the Sonos component. Based on the log details the device keeps on getting disconnected randomly from the household/system, then it will resume the network connection.

You can give us a call and work with a technician live, they'll start by checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Badge

Hello! 

I have the same problem, Spotify starts playing randomly at different hours very random music. 

I’ve never set an alarm using Sonos and also other people didn’t cast on my Sonos. 

I am the only one in my household with a Spotify account, I’ve removed Spotify from my Sonos and Sonos would still start playing music.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Have you submitted a diagnostic, like the OP did, within 10 minutes of an occurrence? That’s the only way Sonos can assist in tracking down the source. 

Has anyone from outside your household (e.g. a friend, if you are allowed to meet friends wherever you are!) played from their Spotify app to your system in the recent past?

Badge

No. I’ve bought my Sonos Move during the pandemic so, no friends over for almost 1 year.

Badge

it just started paying again,  my diagnostic number is 746362371

thanks!

This has been happening to me since installing my arc and two SLs 

diagnostic : 1415100533

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone, we appreciate the time and effort you've spent troubleshooting with us, but at this point, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.