spotify - seems a recurring problem and no clear answer

• 4 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I cannot connect to Spotify - the main reason I bought the Sonos system for - with the warning ‘ connection to Spotify lost’ appearing each time. I have read the streams and they talk about faulty Ethernet connections etc. If that was the case how does Spotify work fine with Echo systems, tune-in radio works fine, Sonos radio etc etc? The only problem is Spotify.  Playing music on a speaker is supposed to be a simple process and you should not need a PhD degree in electronics. I have issues with getting Alexa to work on Beam, but let’s leave that for now. So Sonos , you need to get your act together by sorting out these problems and being proactive with your customers - who are paying a premium for a better service than this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, I cannot connect to Spotify - the main reason I bought the Sonos system for - with the warning ‘ connection to Spotify lost’ appearing each time. I have read the streams and they talk about faulty Ethernet connections etc. If that was the case how does Spotify work fine with Echo systems, tune-in radio works fine, Sonos radio etc etc? The only problem is Spotify.  Playing music on a speaker is supposed to be a simple process and you should not need a PhD degree in electronics. I have issues with getting Alexa to work on Beam, but let’s leave that for now. So Sonos , you need to get your act together by sorting out these problems and being proactive with your customers - who are paying a premium for a better service than this.

I have no issues with Spotify on Sonos, it would help if you populated your profile, so that we know your location and can try and resolve your issues.

I assume that you are trying to connect to Spotify with the Sonos App - can you confirm?  Have you tried removing the Spotify account as a music service and re-add.

What are the issues with Alexa on your Beam, again mine works fine….