Answered

Spotify Premium playlist does not work with alarm

• 1 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’ve problems with Spotify playlist on the alarm. It does not start. I’ve a premium account, so i pay for Spotify with a family account.

Streaming is no problem from devices. I’ve made several diagnostics and contacted Sonos (in the Netherlands).

I’ve no issues regarding no network connection or whatever. Radio does work. Spotify does not work on a alarm, always the chime sound instead of Spotify playlist. Tried on Play3, AMP so no device related problem.

Situation: Everything is S2 upgraded.

• on bottom floor: cable connected Boost (prime router, ASUS imesh network), Arc, 2xOne SL, Sub (gen3)
  • second floor: two separate Play3
  • third floor: cable connected Play One on cabled imesh ASUS network, Play3, AMP

I’ve no problems with Wifi, no problems with Sonos. The’ve checked the network and everything was within “safe” connection zone (all green).

Can someone please tell me why doe the Spotify account not start in the morning? It had been working fine before. The problems started round june/august 2020.

icon

Best answer by bertkramer 6 December 2020, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @bertkramer, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

This is to clarify that you’re having an issue setting up your Spotify playlist on the Spotify alarm, am I correct? If this is your concern, please walk me through how you set up your alarm to play your Spotify playlist. You mentioned that there’s no problem with your Sonos. Have you tried setting up an alarm on the Sonos app? Did it work? 

Please submit a diagnostic from your mobile device and reply to us with the confirmation number for us to check  We’ll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi @bertkramer, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

This is to clarify that you’re having an issue setting up your Spotify playlist on the Spotify alarm, am I correct? If this is your concern, please walk me through how you set up your alarm to play your Spotify playlist. You mentioned that there’s no problem with your Sonos. Have you tried setting up an alarm on the Sonos app? Did it work? 

Please submit a diagnostic from your mobile device and reply to us with the confirmation number for us to check  We’ll wait for your reply.

Rowena,

I think i’ve solved the problem. I’ve tried with other playlist and found out that the limit for the alarm is about 800-850 songs. Loading this is no problem in normal circumstances but the time for loading the playlist in combination with the alarm is to long so Sonos plays the chime. Now a shorter playlist works fine. The time-out for loading a playlist could be longer.

Bert