Spotify Premium Family only connects to Sonos via Main account

• 29 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi There, 

Since shortly we own Spotify Family Premium and we added a Beam to our current network. It works amazing however we noticed that Spotify can only be streamed to Sonos via the Main Family Account. All family members cannot acces the Sonos via Spotify. I made a diagnose report and its 1692571687

Help would be really appreciated! 

Thanks

Sander

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sander1980

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concern. Let me share with you some information.

Sonos supports Spotify Free and Spotify Premium accounts. Spotify Family Account is a premium account. In the diagnostic that you provided, I can see that it's added. 

The Family Account is using a different email. For the family members to listen to their Spotify account, they need to add their Spotify account in the Sonos app. You can add multiple accounts for the same music service by following the steps below and entering the credentials for the new account. Adding multiple accounts requires that you provide a name for each account and make sure that each account has a unique name to make it easy to identify. 

iOS or Android:

1. Go to Browse > Spotify.
  2. Tap the account name at the top to reveal a list of added accounts.
  3. Tap the account you wish to use.

Mac or PC:

1. From the Select a Music Source panel, tap the triangle to the right of the service name to reveal a list of added accounts.
  2. Click on the account you wish to use.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Please feel free to reach us back if you run into any issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Dear Rowena thanks so much for your reply. I did as you mentioned. I added my wife’s Spotify account to the sonos App ( now we have two spotify accounts registered ) but unfortunately the Mac still does not see sonos via her Spotify account .. 

Would there be something else to try or did I overlook something . I diagnosed again so you can verify 

thanks so much for your support 

sander 

Hi. Sorry but your statement does not make sense. If you have added your wife's account to Sonos then then place to find it is in the Sonos app.  You should not be in the Spotify app looking for Sonos.

John Thanks for your feedback . 

we always use spotify via the spotify app and not via Sonos because Spotify has much more features and a better user interface , so we prefer to use Spotify. This should however still work since it does work on my account 

best Rgds 

sander