Answered

Spotify iOS app connected to room but no sounds from speakers

• 23 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I am connecting to my sonos system from the iOS Spotify app. The app and the S1 controller both show that the Spotify app is connected but there is no sound from the speakers. 

icon

Best answer by Drewzer4455 6 February 2021, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Drewzer4455.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

What speakers are experiencing the problem?

Have you tried other music service(s) aside from Spotify to see if the same issue occurs?

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly while it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

In my home I have multiple components- connect amps, play 1s, play 5, sound bar/sub. I am experiencing the problem with all of them.

I have tried multiple Sonos S1 controller apps in iOS and MacOS.

I can play Spotify and all other music services via the S1 controller.

This issue only occurs when using native Spotify app on a device.

The app sees all Sonos components and says connecting.  At that time, the S1 controller app detects that a session has begun from the Spotify app, shows the song playing/time lapse and the queue as normal.  However, there is no sound.

Diagnostic #1440780608

Hi there, 

did you find a solution to this problem?

i have exactly the same thing - control via the Sonos app works fine, but via the Spotify app, which I prefer to use, shows it is playing but no sound comes from the speakers.

My setup is a playbar, 2x play1 speakers and a sub.

Additionally, the problem only happens in one room - I have another room configured (just one play3) where control with the Spotify app works without any problems.

Would be good to hear your progress.

Badge

I get skipping back a few seconds whilst listening to Bbc radio 4. It seems lots of are people experiencing the same problem. I haven’t yet seem what the answer is to the problem. Is the issue with Sonos or the BBC?

Seems like the issue is fixed for me. Gave up but tried again when you replied to the thread. I did not do anything. However between then and now I did upgrade my internet speed and router so may have something to do with it. Sorry not more useful.