Answered

Spotify drops play continually on sonos (Apple & Amazon never drop)

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

A year ago playing Spotify stopped playing on my Sonos system consistently, but without warning after a few songs. After trying everything that was advised on the boards at that time I discontinued using Spotify because Apple and Amazon and other sources never quit playing.

A year later, I attempted to play recommended Spotify music and it says is playing after only a few songs. I am surprised the issue has not been resolved after two years on these boards. Any advice other than rebooting system, upgrading Wi-Fi, updating system, etc. because I have done all of those things, and Spotify continues to be a problem on the Sonos only.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 December 2022, 03:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Maybe try a different, least-used (fixed) ‘non-overlapping’ 2.4Ghz WiFi channel (1, 6 or 11) and set the channel-width to just 20Mhz only. Also ensure your router and speakers are at least 1 metre away from other wireless devices (including bluetooth/zigbee sources), and each other …and just see if that helps.

Although I guess this may just be an issue with that one particular service in your local area and you might need to discuss that with Spotify/Sonos Support to see if that might be the case.

I would perhaps start with Spotify Support, that’s if the above suggestion doesn’t work, as the Sonos services status page is showing that all is well with Spotify on Sonos ..and I’m certainly not seeing any playback issues with the service, albeit I use the Spotify free service only and I’m over in the U.K.

Note that each streaming service sets their own tolerance for network disruptions, what Spotify may not tolerate, others might. Worth double checking for wifi interference .