Answered

spotify drop out and unstable wifi?

• 18 August 2021
  • 3 replies

i have a lot of drop out from some speakers using Spotify with the errors “unable to play song - the connection to spotify was lost” and also unable to add titles to queue. THe first 15 seconds of the song will play and then stop. i also get an error saying the wifi is unstable but i am running on sonosnet with some hardired speakers

Wifi channel is set to 11 with sonos net set to channel 1. i have tried moving the speakers or swapping speakers between rooms but the error still exists. Up to a month ago i had no issues. I dont want to invest in a boost unless i know that it will solve the issue. As far as i can see hardwiring a speaker and having a boost should perform the same.

i have submitted a diagnostics report 1607533454

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 August 2021, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Today I could not play Mixcloud, it was unable to add titles to queue (error 701). Guess what? I have been told it was a connection issue, again, same old story. When there is an issue with Sonos, it is always your fault and it is dur to a connection problem. 

So I played Mixcloud through Airplay, and guess what, it worked! Also, I could play Apple Music within Sonos app. Strange...

So, as you can see the network interference is just a crap excuse. The problem here is that Sonos can't connect properly to Mixcloud services, no problem with my network. 

My ultimate solution, getting a new system from another brand because I am tired of Sonos and its connection issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @steve malone 

Thanks for your post!

The main issue seems to be that “Julie room” and “Bedroom” are getting their connection from your Beam, but the Beam is having a hard time with interference. I recommend you read our guide on reducing wireless interference and try to identify and move any possible sources away from the Beam. I appreciate that if the source of noise is a TV or something else that belongs near the TV, then your options of moving it is limited.

If you cannot identify and move the source of interference, I recommend you disconnect the ethernet cable from the Beam. This will make the affected speakers I named above connect to another wired unit instead, and this should improve playback performance on them. 

And you are correct - the Boost simply does what any other wired Sonos component would do, but has no ability to play anything. You would not need one.

I hope this helps.

There are a huge amount of similar posts on here. The simple answer is that a multi room set up with Sonos , using Spotify, is unlikely to work properly. Helpful people on here will try their best to give you some workarounds but, after a short while, you’ll have another problem. Sonos multi room sets ups don’t work properly, it’s a company that can’t deliver what it promises. Just have a look on Trust Pilot….