Answered

Speakers don't connect at once

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have many speakers throughout my House.  When playing via Spotify and I change a song, the speakers don’t all connect at the same time and might take several seconds or longer to finally connect, even in the same room

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 October 2022, 22:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It often takes 2 or 4 seconds for all of my speakers to connect, too. I’ve always chalked it up to the discovery process, which takes time across 20 + speakers, but it could also be reflective of wifi interference causing the system to try several times to break through and actually contact the speakers. It’s one of the reasons I tend to leave the controller “up” when in use, on most devices. In the AM, that’s my iPad, right now, it’s up on my Mac, and will be all day, so it doesn’t need to “find” all the devices every time I want to use it. 

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't just happen when i start to use the system.  I even happens just when changing songs.  I assume the speakers were already connected and I'm just changing a tune

That certainly would lead it more to the wifi interference side of things, rather than the “discovery at startup” side of things, at least in my mind.

Why don’t you recreate the problem, which sounds easy to do, then submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.