Skip to main content
Answered

speaker balance changes on port

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’ve a sonos port connected to my amp, this last while I’ve noticed the level on my left speaker keeps dropping of when i switch it on. if i change the line-out level from variable to fixed and then back it’s ok. Anybody know why and is there a way to avoid this happening.

thanks for any help provided.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is this “amp” a SONOS product or a 3rd party product? If it’s a 3rd party product, how old is it? How are you connecting PORT to this 3rd party product?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User428526 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I should get in touch with sonos technical support, they’ve been very helpful in the past, I just haven’t got around to it. It the sort of an issue that's more of a niggle at the moment.

It’s connect to a Nad amp with rca leads I’ve had for about 20 years,

It’s only recently been an issue because I’ve started switching the amp and port of at night as i realized it uses quite a bit of electricity on and not in use.

Swap the RCA cables L<->R at the Port. Does the fault change sides?