Skip to main content

Hi,

I have my Sonos connected to my SkyQ box via Optical and I keep getting sound drop-off only for a millisecond or so while watching TV.. Can anyone help please?

Present output settings on SkyQ are:

Digital audio output optical - Dolby Digital 

Hi @Nukeproof Mega,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. To help you out why the sound drop while watching TV, I'll be requesting from you in submitting a diagnostic report and include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.  

Thank you for the reply, please see 1569916764

HI @Nukeproof Mega

Thanks for your response and for submitting the report.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your wireless network that is caused by wireless congestion. Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space. If this overlap is causing performance issues, it can be quickly resolved by finding the source of the interference. You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. This could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues with your Playbar. 

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps to see if it will work for you.

1. Reboot your TV and Sonos Playbar
    • Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Playbar and the TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Playbar, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console).
    • Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the optical cable directly to your TV and the Sonos Playbar. Inspect the optical cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
  2. Update the TV’s software (if available)
  3. Change the TV audio format to PCM.
  4. Adjust the group audio delay
    • Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.

Please run the TV playback for a few minutes then run another diagnostic. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. We'll wait for your reply.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.

Hello,

I have done all of the above but still experiencing the same problem..

Hi @Nukeproof Mega, thanks for your response and for updating us. We really appreciate all your effort in working with us to fix this. However, after doing all the steps, the issue is not resolved, it would be best to contact our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out. 

Update, I have had the settings on the SkyQ optical out on normal and turned off Dolby and this seems to have fixed it.. But surly I’m missing out here? 

Hi @Nukeproof Mega, thanks for your response and for updating us. I'm glad that your Sonos is working back again. I’m not sure if there’s a conflict with your Playbar and SkyQ optical but changing the home theater audio format helped. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system and feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.