Answered

Sound dropping out when using Amazon Music Unlimited

• 20 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve started experiencing sound dropping out or skipping during tracks when using Amazon music unlimited vis the Sonos app. 

this has been working perfectly up until now, strangely if I stream straight from the Amazon music app it appears to work fine, it’s just when I use the Sonos app.

I have a Playbar and two ones and it’s all via Wi-Fi. Nothing has been changed or added so I’m a little puzzled as to why.

sent a diagnostics check to Sonos and I’ll see what happens next, confirmation number was  520144441

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 October 2021, 20:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Also remove Amazon Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-add it.

There have been a couple of similar threads recently.  Do you have Amazon Music HD?  If so then the most likely explanation is that there is some interference or latency in your system. Music played through Sonos speakers using the Amazon app does not play in lossless format, so your system may be able to cope with that.

It appears that you have not noticed any difference in audio quality (I suspect most people wouldn't) so the best solution may be to save yourself some money by dropping HD. (If you don't have HD then ignore this post!)

Hi John

i only subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited and it was working fine until last week

Try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Also remove Amazon Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-add it.

Trues this and sadly no change…