Skip to main content
Answered

Sound dropping out on Turntable through port after power outage

• 13 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Been using the Port for more then 1 year and was faced with multiple drops outs (see other topics for this)

After having purchased a BOOST, all the drop outs were gone and I even switched the audio delay back from max to low. Have enjoyed this setup, with no delay and no drop outs, for more then 6 months.

Unfortunately I had a power outage last week and since then the drop outs are back :-(

Have taken all my sonos devices off power and back on again to intiate some kind of reset,,,but all in vain. The drop outs remain :-(

Is there a way I can check if my BOOST is still working properly? (I can see that all my devices are on WM:0, so I guess it is...as there are NO Wifi credentials listed in SONOS)

Does anyone have an idea on whats going on…..and how to fix? (Nothing has changed on my setup….I only encountered a power outage)

Btw: Sometimes the sound drops completely (and the only way to get it back) is to select another source (eg spotify) and then go back to line in (which is the turntable connected to the Port)

Thanks a ton for helping out!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Unplug all of your Sonos devices from power again for a couple of minutes AND reboot your router and Boost. Then test again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Will do.

Rebooting the boost is unplugging/replugging to power?

Userlevel 7

Will do.

Rebooting the boost is unplugging/replugging to power?

Yes. Wait about a minute or two before you plug the Boost back in.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Have rebooted the boost.

When the power of the boost was off, I could see the effect of the boost as I couldnt connect to any of my sonos devices anymore. (Conclusion that I draw is that the boost is working :-)

(The boost is the only wired device in my setup)

After rebooting the boost and having played records for the last 1,5 hour, no drop out occured anymore.

Will listen for some more time, but the issue seems to be resolved. 

Can you inform me what this reboot initiated? Why is the boost working correctly again?

(As I did power it off earlier….but not for a couple of minutes)

Thanks a ton again for the answer(s)

Userlevel 7

This article explains it pretty well:

“Unplugging something usually works because many consumer-tech devices, like cable modems, routers, and streaming TV boxes, have tiny computers inside them. Unplugging and plugging them back in forces those computers to restart and clear any temporary software problems.”

https://www.howtogeek.com/683023/why-does-unplugging-a-device-fix-so-many-problems/

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Muchos gracias
Will continue to spin records the upcoming days and will process the outcome via this thread.

Thanks again for your support! Appreciated

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

A day and multiple records later I do have to conclude that the Boost is working properly again. No drop outs occured anymore :-)

The BOOST is by far the best addition to my Sonos family I purchased this year. What a difference (and piece of mind) this stable sonosnet is providing!