Sound delay between soundbar and Play 1

• 25 December 2020
  • 4 replies

OK so kinda new to this forum thing so here goes.

Whenever we are playing music (Spotify / Soundcloud / TuneIN radio) after a few minutes the PLAY:1's that are in Surround get a few milliseconds delay from the Playbar. It sounds like i'm in an old theater and that is not what I'm looking for in my own home.

Playbar is wired into a gigabit switch, Sub and two PLAY:1's are wireless.

Was hoping to bypass my wifi network. To clarify, Is it possible to make the Sub and PLAY:1's wirelessly connect to the playbar instead of them connecting to my wifi router?

I'm almost certain that the location of the wireless router is the issue.
Wiring all speakers is not possible. 

What kind of info would you guys and girls need from me to help me solve this issue. :)

All help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The surrounds and Sub should be connected directly to the Playbar’s own 5GHz, not on WiFi. Did you by any chance “disable WiFi” in the Playbar’s room settings? If so, re-enable it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This might be a case for a Diagnostics report, for Sonos to check it out. 

The surrounds and Sub should be connected directly to the Playbar’s own 5GHz, not on WiFi. Did you by any chance “disable WiFi” in the Playbar’s room settings? If so, re-enable it.

It was not disabled however as with all things, turning it off and back on again seemed to to the trick for now. Took a while for the Sub and PLAY:1's to reconnect to the playbar, but its all good (for now)

If you have your WiFi details configured into the system, remove them via Settings/System/Networks.