Question

Sound cutting in and out or no sound at all

• 2 October 2020
  • 3 replies

We have 6 speaker areas installed in the house for a year and it’s super annoying as the sound keeps cutting out. I often have to increase the volume and then it works but often it cuts of soon after. Very unreliable. Any ideas on how I can get this solved? Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tinna, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what happened to your Sonos system. For us to check the status of your Sonos speakers, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi

thank you for your help. 

I’ve submitted and the number is 365669455

kind regards 

Christina 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tinna, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, it only shows a controller diagnostic. It doesn’t give any information about the status of your Sonos system. Kindly try to do a reboot of all the Sonos speakers to check if it will reconnect to the network and Kindly re-run a diagnostic report. I want to ask some questions also to check on this issue. 

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Is it happening on all content? (TV, music, streaming movies) or just on specific content?
  • Are there any changes that were made on the settings on the Sonos app or the speakers?
  • Is it happening always or randomly?

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.