Skip to main content

I’ve seen some comments on this but none exactly matching mine so hopefully someone can help.

My home setup -AMP and 4 connect amps and one connect to various rooms via ethernet cable and all direct to the speakers. The connect though is wired to high end mono block amplifiers which are then connected to speakers.

The main source of music is on a Synergy NAS with apple lossless and flac files.  I also use Spotify, Apple Music and some radio stations.

All work except the high end system which used to work fine.  

If I start music sometimes I get one or 2 seconds then silence. If I pull out the ethernet Cat 5 cable, I sometimes then get one or 2 seconds which leads me to believe it is a buffering problem but I have no clue.

I’ve rebooted, played around with settings but no luck.  I don’t know if upgrading ti the latest connect will do the trick but I’ve read reviews that the sound quality is vastly closed unless you turn off volume controls which I don’t want to do.  Any ideas? 

Perhaps an obvious couple of questions, have you tried changing the cable, swapping ethernet ports and/or factory resetting the device?

Also, will the device work on a SonosNet (wireless) connection instead?

If no luck, it may possibly be a hardware issue, in which case I would submit a system diagnostic report, post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat to Sonos Support via this LINK.

Tried all but factor reset. I’ll give that a shot.

Unfortunately the reset didn’t work. I submitted diagnostics under 1818263383. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Hi @DF_HK, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Just to confirm, you’re having issues with the Living Room Connect, is that right? Is the audio cutting out when you play from the NAS drive, or does it fail to load up completely? Is there any change if you group the Living Room to another room, and play through the group? Do both rooms experience the same issue?

The audio on all of my other AMPS work and music from the NAS but also streaming doesn’t work via the connect to the AMS.   It just doesn’t load.   The only difference is the other rooms are connecting via AMP direct to speakers while the living room is connect to mono block (external) amps and then speakers.

Understood, in that case I’d recommend double-checking the connections between the Connect, Amp, and speakers - particularly as you mentioned you sometimes get a second or two of audio when pulling out the Ethernet cable.

If there’s no change, it may be worth reaching out to our Support Team via live chat or phone call, so they can take a closer look at the system and perform some live troubleshooting :)

Thanks, I’ve checked all. will have to contact.