Answered

Sorting files

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m using Sonos S2 app on Android.

One day, the files where sorted correctly and the next day out of knowhere the app is sorting the files in the wrong order.

Let me explain. Let’s say I want to listen to an album of 12 song. Now, instead of sorting the songs in numerical order (1 to 12), it is sorting the songs this way : 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

So if I want to listen to an album in the right order, I have to edit the playlist each time. It’s kind of annoying. On the sonos software on my computer the files are sorted correctly. I don’t know why the app on Android do that now.

Anybody with the same issue ? Any way to solve this ?

If you have a solution for me, I thank you :)

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 November 2020, 01:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t personally have the issue on my S2 controller, but maybe it’s your track number field metadata.. my album tracks are all numbered as 01, 02, 03 etc. perhaps quickly alter one of your albums and see if that resolves your issue.

Good news : it works ! The tracks were listed as 1/12, 2/12, 3/12 … and when I change the metadata fields for 01, 02, 03 … the tracks are listed in the right order in the sonos app.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. The issue is resolved !

Bad news : I have so much tracks to edit, I probably won’t have enough of the rest of my life to do it :)

Have a good night Ken and thanks again !