Sony str an 1000 and Sonos Connect

• 7 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a new Sony STR AN 1000 AVR with a “works with SONOS” designation.  No matter what I do, I can’t get it to work with my SONOS Connect.  Do I have to buy a $500 SONOS port to be able to turn on the receiver with the sonos app?  Is it incompatible with the Connect or am I doing something wrong.  If it won’t work with this older technology I’d like to know so I can stop beating my head against the wall...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

On the Sony site it mentions this…

1. Select [Setup] - [Network Settings] from the home menu.

2. Select [Works with Sonos].

3. Select the Sonos device you want to connect from the list on the right side of the TV screen.

If there is no connected device in the list, select [Refresh].

Does the Sonos Connect (on the same WiFi network) not show in the list? If not, maybe check for any firmware updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

“Works with Sonos” is more of an aspiration than a hard statement, it has been flaky on larger systems forever. How large is your Sonos system?

But how would a Connect turn a receiver on? It hasn’t got the 12V trigger port on it that the Port has.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

“Works with Sonos” is more of an aspiration than a hard statement, it has been flaky on larger systems forever. How large is your Sonos system?

But how would a Connect turn a receiver on? It hasn’t got the 12V trigger port on it that the Port has.

I suggest you look for the detailed information about WWS. It’s much more comfortable now as it was in it‘s first days. 
And imho it also isn’t a matter of system dimension how good it works. The WWS device can be turned on from standby and switched to the needed source by network commands.