Skip to main content

Hi

my sonos system is 10 years old. It includes a pair of play5 speakers, a playbar, and a zone bridge and is operated with the s1 app. 
I have recently moved to a house where I am using starlink for internet access. The starlink router does not have an Ethernet port. 
is it possible to use my system without connecting the wifi router to the zonebridge with an Ethernet cable?

Why not do away with the Zonebridge (very old tech  an prone to failure) and connect your system through wifi?

Connect Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network | Sonos

For devices that use S1 “If your Sonos system is in a wireless setup, follow the steps below. If you have more than one Sonos product in your system, this process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos product to your router with an Ethernet cable.”

I can’t plug a Ethernet cable into my wifi router-no Ethernet plug. 

Doesn’t a Zonebridge count as a wired set up? Have you tried switching your speakers to wifi?

I seem to remember Starlink does offer an ethernet port as an extra, though this does not seem to work well with Sonos. Maybe you can find posts about this using the (fairly useless) search function on the community.

I’ll try that. Thanks. 

I’ll try that. Thanks. 

Sonos will run on your local WiFi signal in most cases - see this support link for details on switching between a wired setup and a completely wireless setup…(see second section "Switch to a wireless setup”)…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup