Answered

sonos wont connect to new wifi network

• 10 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey, I have successfully connected my Sonos to new wifi many times but for some reason I can’t get my Sonos to connect this time. The app doesn’t even see my network when I click plug directly into my gateway Eero, the one that’s conecto to my modem. 

I’ve factory reset my Sonos to factory settings a bunch of times. Doesn’t help.

Also, under settings in the app, account and system are grayed out.

Please advise!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 August 2022, 12:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @viavillalobos 

Thanks for your post!

First, please don’t factory reset your devices any more - it was unlikely to help the first time, and if it didn’t, then it definitely won’t the next few times either.

Options are typically greyed-out if you are either not logged in to the app, or if your controller device (like your smartphone) does not fully meet the Sonos app system requirements. Please check that it does. If it doesn’t, you would still be able to control music from that device, but not be able to alter the system’s configuration.

If that isn’t the issue, please try rebooting your Eero system by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.