Answered

Sonos Wifi Connection issues

• 2 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, new to the forum, hope that someone can help me with a problem I have with a Move speaker.

I have had the Move speaker for around a week.  After initially setting it up, it worked perfectly, until it was left for an hour or so and went into hibernation.  From then on, the speaker will not connect to the app via wifi unless I carry out a factory reset.  Bluetooth works all the time without any problems.

I have now had to factory reset the Move on numerous occasions to be able to connect to it via wifi.

I am connecting from an iphone x to an Asus 90IG01Z0-BU2000 Wireless Gigabit Router.  both the Move and the iphone are definitely on the same wifi connection and I have several other devices running from the wifi that never have any issues.  The Move has been updated to the latest firmware and the app gets stuck at the “Searching for nearby products, make sure they’re powered on” stage.  There are no other routers running in the house, no mesh or boosters and the speaker is sat 5 feet from the router.  The issue happens even when the phone is sat next to the move.

Having joined this forum, I can see that this appears to be a relatively common issue and one that has been ongoing for months.  Can anyone give me any indication as to whether this is an issue that is likely to be resolved or should I just return the speaker?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by ratty 2 January 2021, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Here are two simple things to check first:

1/ When it goes into Hibernation, does it respond to the power button on the back of the device (Please see the product manual here.)

2/ Can you confirm that you are toggling back to wi-fi mode when wanting to use the Sonos App?

The usual recommendation with Asus routers is to disable Airtime Fairness.

geesh, am i to spent 1 hour fixing this. noththing works

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

geesh, am i to spent 1 hour fixing this. noththing works

A bit more information would help!

Badge

Thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate the help.  Just turned ‘airtime fairness’ off on the router and the app connected straight away,  Have powered the unit on and off a few times and seems to have resolved the issue.  

Thank you