Answered

Sonos unable to connect

• 13 December 2020
  • 7 replies

I did nothing. Last night Sonos worked, today, nothing. In the app, Settings, Account, and System are greyed out. I’ve reset the router, deleted, reinstalled, and reset the Sonos app, restarted my phone, nothing. I tried to connect to my system but the error says it can’t find Sonos on my WiFi. Since I can’t access Settings, Account, or System, I’m at a complete standstill. Totally locked out. $1500 in tech and it’s nonfunctional. 

icon

Best answer by Mark P 14 December 2020, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @MJJohnsen.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

What's the status of the lights of all of your Sonos speakers?

Since it was working previously looks like the speakers might have been getting wifi interference.

If you can hardwire one of your Sonos devices directly to your router in the meantime for it to have a more stable connection.

Try the following sequential order unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

All the speakers have a white solid light on top.

I did unplug all, and restarted the router.

Account, Settings, System all grey. I couldn’t even troubleshoot.

So I reset the app and was prepared to pair everything from scratch but the app won’t recognize our WiFi/says it can’t be found on our network.

app still greyed out. This is pretty infuriating for a system that’s only a month old. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @MJJohnsen.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Do you have another controller you can test?

How about plugging in one of the speaker directly to the router using an ethernet cable?

Once the speakers are online you need to set up the speaker wirelessly again Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m having the same problem. I thought this system was supposed to be entirely wireless? Any known solution here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Zachdjohnson.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Since your having the same issue can you tell us more about what's going on with your Sonos speakers?

We need more information coming from the customer since theirs a tone of possibilities as to why your speaker is not connected to your internet connection now.

Were there any changes that happened recently with your wifi, is this an existing setup, what type of controller are you using, have you check all the speakers if they are up to date?

So all the speakers keep dropping. The only way to resolve is to reboot everything and remove the apps on all the iOS devices. I can’t keep doing this daily or twice a day. This is a recent issue. Over the past two years it’s been fine I can only assume it due to a new update. Please resolve in a new update. This is crazy. 

Is your router BT? If, take a look here: