Answered

Sonos Turntable Through Connect Skips/Pauses

• 7 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

So I have my new Sonos/Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable set up through Connect. Line -In Autoplay set to play when the needle drops, to the correct room, etc. 

My problem is, sometimes Autoplay doesn’t Autoplay. There is no sound coming through speakers. I have to push Play/Pause on the Connect and then I hear.

Also, sometimes when all is good and I group rooms, it goes back to silent and I have to push Play/Pause again to get sound.

Play/Pause is not a button I use or want to use. It’s just the only thing that fixes this.

Any idea why I’m getting the silence? Is something triggering pause? Why doesn’t Autoplay work all the time? I’m also getting slips in the grouped rooms. Any advice on this?

Why can’t this just work? Is Connect just too old a technology?

Thanks guys.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 10 April 2023, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ari6000

If you’re adjusted the Line-In Autoplay settings and you’re still having issues with the system not auto-playing when you start your turntable, then it’s possible the cable between the Connect and Turntable is faulty. Autoplay starts when Sonos picks up a signal from the Line-In port, so it’s possible it’s not picking up any signal and thus, not auto-playing.

If you try a different cable and it still fail to Autoplay, then I’d recommend reaching out to our support team, as they have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!