Skip to main content

Hi,

I have 3 sonos symfonisk speakers, 2 in the living room where the router is, and 1 in the kitchen. I have never been able to connect to them using WiFi so I connected one of the speakers by ethernet cable to the router to create a sonosnet. The issue I am having is that several times per week when I try to use the sonos-app to play music, it can’t connect to the speakers. I have to physically disconnect the power and connect it and wait and then the app can connect. I also have playback issues where songs are skipped, stutters or stop being played for seconds.

I had this for a year now and I have never had it working properly and I am very disappointed in these products.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done or is this just a waste of money?

Hi.  First would you please go to About My System in the app and confirm that all speakers have WM=0 next to them, not WM=1?

They all have WM=0. 

I have just tried to assign static IP addresses to all the speakers. Hopefully that will help. So far so good.

Also, is your set up just a router, or are there extenders, access points, mesh system etc?

Also, is your set up just a router, or are there extenders, access points, mesh system etc?

It is just one router, no extenders etc.

They all have WM=0. 

I have just tried to assign static IP addresses to all the speakers. Hopefully that will help. So far so good.

That’s a good move.  If you have anything other than a router on your network (as per my second post) then there are other things we might check.  Make sure the Sonos wireless channel is well separated from the channel used by your wifi.  If the router has a setting for ‘band steering’, disable it.

What also is interesting is that now when I assigned static IP addresses to the speakers I can now see them as devices in the Spotify app. Before I couldn’t see them there so I was forced to use the Sonos app to play music.

Our posts keep crossing!

What also is interesting is that now when I assigned static IP addresses to the speakers I can now see them as devices in the Spotify app. Before I couldn’t see them there so I was forced to use the Sonos app to play music.

Better and better

I think I have to give up and just consider this being a waste of money. Now I have tried so many different things but to no avail.

I have tried using an ethernet cable with and without static IP addresses for each speaker. I have tried without the ethernet cable with/without static IP but I am still struggling with connectivity. Right now the Sonos app and Spotfy can’t even find the speakers not even after restarting them. My router is 3 meters away from 2 of the speakers. I have changed the channel for sonos to channel 1. No improvement.

I can’t be that I need to reboot the system + my router several times per week for my speakers to work. 

Is there anything else to try before I give up?