Skip to main content

Within the last couple of months, Sonos will randomly say “Something went wrong, please try again later” at max volume and always very early in the morning, usually between 4-7am. We don’t use any voice assistance on Sonos, and we never play anything at max volume, so the fact it plays the warning that loud is strange. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

You haven’t said what Sonos devices this relates to.  Do you have any Alexa devices in your home, as this is the message that Alexa uses when it loses connection to the internet?  If ‘Yes’, have you checked that any Alexa Groups have automatically been created by Alexa and included the Sonos device?

Hi @Marketpro4672 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you experience this again, please immediately submit a diagnostic, replying here with the confirmation number given when convenient. Please also let me know which room played, if you have more than one. Thanks.

Hi Corry,

It did it again this morning, but it might have said something about a connection. Its hard to hear the whole message when it is 5 am and I’m awoken to the Sonos yelling. I submitted a diagnostic when it happened this morning, and that number is 47105119. It seems like the room that played is the family room. Once again, its hard to tell due to the circumstances. I believe one of our speakers is Alexa enabled, but I’m pretty sure that speaker is either in our garage or on the patio outside. Also of note, it seems like this is happening more frequently. Thanks for any help you can provide. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Hi @Marketpro4672 

I recommend checking your Alexa app’s voice command history to check what it was doing at that time: 

• Open Alexa App
  • Select Settings
  • Select Alexa Account
  • Select History

The Playbar looks like it was trying to play TV audio at 3:40am - if your TV has Alexa functions, you may want to check settings there, or even reboot the TV by unplugging it for 2 minutes. Check for TV On alarms too (on the TV).

For what it’s worth, I see no sign of the Playbar being above 30% volume - though at 3:40am, this is more volume than you likely want!

Your only Sonos device capable of running Alexa is the Kitchen unit, though all rooms can be addressed by Alexa - so, if a command came from Alexa, any room could follow it (though at no point would you hear Alexa’s voice from a room that doesn’t run Alexa). The Kitchen hasn't responded to a voice command for 3 days, though if something is scheduled, the Kitchen speaker may speak.

I hope this helps.

same issue