Answered

Sonos Radio audio dropping out

• 24 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Frequent drop out on Sonos radio when listening to bbc 6 music and others. Have tried usual fixes to no avail. The problem has been increasing since introduction of Sonos Radio. I don’t have the HD radio option. WiFi speed in house is good and consistent.getting very fed up with Sonos these days.

Diagnostic 1277947695

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 December 2020, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I would perhaps try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4ghz WiFi channel within your router setup, most routers default to channel 6, so perhaps try either channel 1 or 11. 

If you also have one or more Sonos devices wired to the LAN, then goto "Settings/System/Network” in the Sonos App and set your SonosNet channel at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel and keep any ‘wired’ Sonos devices at least three feet away from other ‘wireless devices’, particularly away from the router, or other WiFi access points, then see if that fixes your ‘Sonos Radio’ issue.

Badge

Thanks Ken. I have changed channel (again!) No devices are wired to LAN. 

All the other services I subscribe to have no drop out problem. It is only ever Sonos Radio/Tunein.

Happy Holidays!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m pretty sure it is a problem with the Sonos Radio service itself. It drops out on me as well. I stream TIDAL with no problem. If it was a WiFi issue then it would follow that more services would be affected.

I’m over in the U.K. and have subscribed to the new RadioHD service since it first launched and not (yet, at least) had it drop-out, or ask me to sign in again etc. It has been working fine (touch wood) each day ...and I do use the service almost every day. I accept it could possibly be a Sonos account issue ‘perhaps’ for some users in some regions or Countries.

My post was really just a quick suggestion to perhaps try, whilst waiting for the Staff to look at the diagnostic reports.