Skip to main content

My sonos speakers keep going line or are not in the app. I’ve done ever troubleshooting exercise and talked to the support desk. This problem seems hopeless. Is there anything I can do to escalate and get a result? My system was fine for years. I’m frustrated and want to throw all this stuff out.

‘Ever (sic) troubleshooting exercise’ isn’t very descriptive, unfortunately.

I’d be reading the wifi interference FAQ, and doing a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. Give the router a few minutes to come back up completely, then plug back in the Sonos devices.

It might help us help you if you were to define which troubleshooting efforts you have made, which Sonos devices are in your system, how they are connected to your router, and what router you are using. Also helpful would be knowing what device(s) you run your controller on, and whether you’re running S1 or S2. 

Thanks. ( Sorry about my typos. I need to settle down and focus, I guess.)

Yes, this may well be a Wi-Fi issue. But it only seems to affect the Sonos.

Basically, I’ve been getting dropouts lately. They got worse after a power outage last week. One fix I attempted was a router reset and reconfiguration with help from a Netgear rep. That seemed to help. But now speakers are missing from the Sonos app, reappear and go missing again. I also get a frequent error message saying the system is not connected to Wi-Fi. But eventually, it will come back on its own.

I’ve managed to update all but one speaker to my new Wi-Fi configuration and password. The Play 3 won’t connect to it.

I’m using the S2 controller. Never really had trouble with it.

My system has a Playbase, two Play ones, a Play 3 and a Move. The are on my Wi-Fi network wirelessly. No Ethernet cable.

Is that enough info to provide clues? Thanks for any help. 

Power outages wreak havoc with a router’s IP assignment table, causing duplicate IP addresses.  You need to do a network refresh.  Do the following:  Reboot/power cycle each of these in order:

Modem
Router
Hubs or switches
Wired Sonos components
Wireless Sonos components
Computers, printers
Phones, tablets, all other wireless devices

Note you can prevent duplicate IP dresses by reserving a permanent IP for each Sonos unit in your router setup. See your router manual for details.

Thanks a lot. This sounds like a good direction. I’ll let you know how it goes.