Answered

Sonos Port - Why so many problems?

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 replies

So I have a sonos port and (6) speakers.  Once upon a time I could just come home and drop an LP on the Turntable.  The Sonos Port would automatically start playing out of a Stereo Pair (Sonos SL + Sonos One), then one day it stopped working.  I deleted/reset the port and reconfigured as part of my troubleshooting with the assistance of support.

To this day I have to spend sometime 30 minutes trying to get them working.  I need to understand why I can’t just get it working the day I first setup where I can just put on an LP and have music playing from the stereo pair?  Any assistance would be great.

I have called support soo many times it only works once, each time I call.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by elsworthp 8 June 2023, 01:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not enough information to tell, but based on the erratic nature, I’d be looking at duplicate IP address issues. Certainly some sort of network problem, but I don’t have any access to diagnostics. 

I have sent in diagnostics to sonos support they have no fix.  I can assure you its not a duplicate IP

Curious as to how you have determined that. I’ve never seen a router that shows IP connections over time. 

Userlevel 7

OK….so it’s not a duplicate IP Address 🤔. Then what changes have you made to your network and don’t rule out that your router may need an update.

Okay I finally found out what the problem is.  Which I suspect was reverted from a firmware update.

I needed to set Audio Delay to 75ms and then seems AutoPlay was turned off (again I think a firmware update did it) AutoPlay set to my Stereo Pair

Thank you YouTube time stamp about 11:30

Finally!!!