Skip to main content
Question

sonos Port NOT linking to my account

Hi. When setting up a new Sonos Port to an existing system it doesn’t want to link to my account. Have tried the Fix It option a number of times but it still fails at the point where the app attempts to link up to my account. Any ideas how to fix this please. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Hi, 

I’m having issues connecting our Sonos speakers to our account. We recently upgraded to using ARIA SOUND and now we can’t add a speaker or component to our system. We’re getting a error message “Error Code - 1,000” 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

July 7/16/24

same issues.  

I have 8 or 9 ports (all brand new) that I cannot add to a clients system.  Thanks Sonos.  Great job.

Userlevel 2

Same issue with the Port. Unreal.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue with the Port. Unreal.

I have a solution I sorted out on my own.

Solution to fix this garbage issue.

I think I figured it out guys!  I have been trying to add this port for 4 hours to a system where I have 8 of these at my job site and no luck. so I brought one back home with me and same problem, so this is what I did  

***DO NOT plug an Ethernet cable into Sonos port and DO NOT use your own wifi. Then in the app, click on add new speaker/ component like you would normally do and select the product you wish to add. since you ARE NOT plugged into router/switch etc or on wifi, the app will ask if you want to use ***SONOS WIFI ! Click yes and I had no problem adding it to my home system normally. It even asked to update the Sonos port which was successful on the first try. 

hope this helps you all