Question

Sonos PLay 1 - White LED has got very Dim.

• 11 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

The LED on one of my Play1 speakers has got very dim, almost to the point that you cannot see it lit at all. The Play 1 works fine but all my other room Play 1’s have nice bright white LED’s.

I have tried powering the Play 1 off and on, and also have tried deleting and adding it back into the system, but this makes no difference.

Is this a hardward issue?

Can it be fixed?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @local yokel, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the light issue on your Sonos Play 1, to further assess this situation since they can request remote access and check for option son this issue, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and to give options or recommendations about this concern. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 2

Hi Simon, Thank you for your kind reply. I’ll advise here how it goes and if I get a resolution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @local yokel,  thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes after calling our phone support team.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.  

Userlevel 2

Tried numerous things via Online support - Factory Reset, recycling power, software/firmware update and re-pair/pair speaker set - still same.

Issue down to faulty hardware on Play1. LED appears to be a Tricolour LED, Orange, Green segments Okay, but White very dim. 

RTB exchange at £95 inc VAT

Won’t bother, thats way over the top for an LED fix!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @local yokel, thanks for the update. We understand where you're coming from. After calling our phone support team, the options and recommendations given by them are the ones that would best fit your issue. Sorry to hear if the options given isn't the one that you wanted. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.