Answered

Sonos Play:1 solid dim white light

• 6 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Sonos Play:1 had a solid orange led this morning, unplugged, plugged back in and only a solid dim white light immediately and doesn't appear to be booting up and not able to see in the android controller?

Diagnostic submitted 207883978

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 13 December 2020, 00:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wfortuny

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting the diagnostic.

The report detected interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion or low wireless range, an audio dropout in your due to sync error, and dropped room. Let me share with you the troubleshooting steps you can do to help you out.

• Check the LED light
    1. Press the play/pause button of your Sonos Play 1. 
    2. Note if and how the LED responds. What is the light color? Is it solid or flashing light?
  • Put the player into a Hardware Diagnostic Mode
    1. Press and hold the play/pause and volume down buttons for 10 seconds. The LED will turn Red.
    2. Once in Hardware Diagnostic mode, please note the LED pattern. (i.e. Solid Red, 11 White Blinks, Solid Orange, Solid Green, 4 White Blinks)
    3. Press the play/pause button to exit Hardware Diagnostic mode.
    4. Check in the Sonos app If your Play 1 is still missing.
  • Reboot your Sonos Play 1
    1. Unplug power until the LED light goes out, wait for 30 seconds then plug back into power.
    2. Wait for the LED light to return to solid white.
    3. Check the Sonos app again to see if the player has returned.
  • Use another power cable. You can use the power cable from your other Play 1 to test.
  • Temporarily connect your Sonos Play 1 to your router using an ethernet cable and check if it will show in the Sonos app.

Please keep me posted on the progress and let me know if you run into any issues for me to check.

I'm out of town until the weekend, I'll try that as soon as I can and get back to you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wfortuny. Thanks for your response and for updating us. Please keep me posted on the progress and let me know how it goes. I’ll wait for your response.

Check the LED light: no response when pressing any button, still solid dim white with no change.

Put the player into a Hardware Diagnostic Mode: no response when pressing the play/pause and volume down buttons together for more than 30 seconds, still solid dim white with no change.

Reboot your Sonos Play 1: was unplugged all week while I was out of town, plug in, solid dim light, doesn't appear to be booting up, immediately when plugging it in it has a solid dim white light.

Tried another power cable and connecting directly with ethernet cable directly to router, no change.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wfortuny,

Thanks for the update and immediate response. It seems like your Sonos Play 1 is experiencing a power issue. At this point, I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach back. We and the community are always here to help.