Question

Sonos One with Spotify?

• 16 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I use the Sonos One to listen through music through Spotify. When I use my computer to listen to Spotify, Discord shows what I'm playing, however when I use the One, it doesn't show what I'm playing. The same thing happens with Last.fm where when I use the One it doesn't scrobble but when I use my computer it does. My friends even say that when I’m listening on the Sonos One, my status doesn’t even show up on Spotify. Does anyone know what the problem is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’m having the same issues, please help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@DeathHotDog and @iTS, thank you for reaching to us and welcome to the Sonos community and I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Let me help you out with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did it start happening?
2. Do you get the same result if you play music on Sonos Radio or Tune-in?
3. Is removing and re-adding the music services helped?
4. Have you tried using another mobile controller? Did you encounter the same?
5. Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the model and software version?

After checking the steps above and you're still having the same issue, please submit a diagnostic to see if it will work. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

1. Since I bought the sonos last year
  2. Discord only supports spotify so no.
  3. No It did not help.
  4. Yes did not do anything
  5. Using my windows pc
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @iTS, thank you for your quick response and for answering all my questions.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.

To further assist you on this, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to by remotely connecting to your device to check what's going on and to provide the best option for you.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.