Answered

Sonos One SL missing from Sonos app

• 3 January 2021
  • 9 replies

The App forgets one of my speakers all the time no reset it and get it working but after a while when I reopen the app the speaker is missing. However it is still an option for the Spotify app and works perfectly through that. I’ve tried everything except a full system reset. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 January 2021, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

The App forgets one of my speakers all the time no reset it and get it working but after a while when I reopen the app the speaker is missing. However it is still an option for the Spotify app and works perfectly through that. I’ve tried everything except a full system reset. Any ideas?

Can you perhaps kindly describe your network setup in a little more detail first of all. Do you have a single centrally-based WiFi router, or a WiFi mesh system and are there any other access points? 

Are any Sonos products wired to the network and do you know the WiFi/SonosNet channels that are in use?

Hi I’ve got a single router with Sky mesh using the SkyQ system. Sonos 2 App. I seem to have got the speakers stable on my iPhone now for a while but my IPad App still only shows one speaker. The Spotify app on iPhone shows all sonos speakers but on the iPad only the one (same as Sonos App). This suggests IPad issue perhaps?

Hi I’ve got a single router with Sky mesh using the SkyQ system. Sonos 2 App. I seem to have got the speakers stable on my iPhone now for a while but my IPad App still only shows one speaker. The Spotify app on iPhone shows all sonos speakers but on the iPad only the one (same as Sonos App). This suggests IPad issue perhaps?

Maybe try switching off ‘Private Address’ on the iPad - it’s located within the WiFi connection properties page in the iPad iOS settings/WiFi connection.

As you are using a Sky WiFi mesh setup - if you do continue to experience problems with your Sonos products you may find that wiring one Sonos device (only) to the primary Sky router may work better for you. It will hopefully switch all Sonos devices onto SonosNet, which is its own built in mesh WiFi and it has 3 available WiFi channels of its own in "Settings/System/Network” in the Sonos App. You could try each of those channels and get the Sonos system running alongside your Sky wireless, but running on a different channel and that might prove to be a little more stable… but perhaps see how things go for you and I hope switching off ‘Private Address’ works for your iPad. 

Ok I’ll try that thank you however my router is not convenient for my speakers so not a long term fix also it worked previously so I’m determined to get it back working correctly. Thanks again

Ok so I thought I’d reinstall the App on my iPad thinking that might resolve things but not the App is basically blank everywhere except in settings where all the info is there. All other tabs “star music rooms search” just blank when pressed. Any ideas on this?

Ok so I thought I’d reinstall the App on my iPad thinking that might resolve things but not the App is basically blank everywhere except in settings where all the info is there. All other tabs “star music rooms search” just blank when pressed. Any ideas on this?

Try this goto "Settings/App Preferences” and choose to reset the App and close it completely.

Goto the iPad iOS WiFi settings and toggle off/on WiFi and ensure the device is linked to your correct WiFi network. Ensure its working by opening Safari and searching for a web page etc.

Ensure the iPad has no security software getting in the way of network access too.. and finally ensure the Sonos App has permission to access the local network in IOS "Settings/Privacy/Local Network”.

If all is well then open the Sonos App and after the introductory screens select the option to ‘connect to the existing system’ and follow the onscreen instructions and see if that fixes things.

Hi Ken,

I’ve finally got the App working ok on my iPad. All the family Apple devices (5 in total) we’re working correctly throughout this frustrating process I’m not too sure what finally kicked mine into action but it’s ok for now. Thanks very much for your help!

Hi Ken,

I’ve finally got the App working ok on my iPad. All the family Apple devices (5 in total) we’re working correctly throughout this frustrating process I’m not too sure what finally kicked mine into action but it’s ok for now. Thanks very much for your help!

Ah that’s really good news.. glad you managed to sort it.👍

Ok finally got the system working but the ONLY way I have been able to guarantee stability in the system was to connect one of the Sonos to my Sky box (not the router it’s not in a convenient position). All Sky boxes have an Ethernet port so very useful.