Sonos One no longer connecting to anything

• 6 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had this Sonos One for a year now with no problems, until yesterday, it couldn’t be found on Spotify, I tried turning the speaker off, nothing, deleted and re downloaded Spotify, nothing, restart router, nothing, I then go to the app, and it does an update, but then it says it can’t connect to Sonos, then I see there is a new app, I download that, it has me do the update again, but it still says cannot connect after doing the update, I have plugged it directly into the router and it will play music through the app but nothing else, and as soon as it’s unplugged it can’t find it, I have factory reset the speaker, and tried to set it up again, and it did find the device but as soon as I tried adding it to the WiFi, it loads for about 10 minutes and then it can’t find the speaker anymore. 

I don’t have any other ideas on what I can possibly do or what could be making it suddenly not work.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Unplug the One from power and then restart your router. When it and wifi is fully running, restart your One. Or, there may be a wifi card problem? Try generating a diagnostics and see what Sonos say. 

I’ve been having the same problem since the S2 release. I got it to connect to the Sonos app eventually after a factory reset but playing music through voice controls isn’t working and the connection had dropped again the next time I tried to use the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@luxdelumine:  A factory reset loses any diagnostic info so is rarely a solution unless recommended by Sonos. Have you tried my suggestion above?