Answered

Sonos One is reported as WM:0 on the app, but is reported as Wifi 2.4 on router

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Beam connected to the router via ethernet and I also got 2 Ones and an Arc that is supposedly connected wirelessly via Sonosnet. The Arc and one of the Ones is being report as “Wired” on my router and that is correct. But the other One is being reported as “Wifi 2.4” and that is incorrect. I already removed the wifi credentials on the app, so I don’t how this One is connected via Wifi. And this One would often disconnect and I would get that error (RS+?) on the app.

How do I finally get this Sonos One on Sonosnet? Again, it already says WM:0 on the app, but I am pretty sure it is not because it says “Wifi 2.4” on the router and also because this is the only speaker that disconnects occasionally.

icon

Best answer by buzz 30 March 2023, 21:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In general I find that the SONOS Apps are impatient. If there is a blast of interference as a controller attempts to discover the SONOS units, the controller will time out and you’ll see the (RS+?). In many cases the “missing” unit will be playing. After a while the “missing” unit may be discovered. While a unit is “missing” may will be difficult to control or report back to the controller.

I don’t know how often your router checks status or updates its reports. You could be viewing a stale report.

Reboot the problem speaker, temporarily wire it to your router, and check the speaker’s setup. If this speaker was unable to communicate with the others at the time you removed the WiFi credentials, this speaker may still be using WiFi.

Normally, the surround speakers are wireless and supported by a private 5GHz connection to their soundbar. These 5GHz units will not be using the router’s radio and the router will assume they are wired to a network switch. Some networks will show that the surrounds are working through the same network port as a wired SONOS unit.

Don’t rule out the possibility that there is a problem with the wireless environment around the problem speaker. A quick diagnostic would be to physically swap the ONE’s and see if the problem moves or stays with the location.