Sonos One dropping from new Nighthawk Mesh setup

• 8 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have recently upgraded to the Netgear Nighthawk M60 wifi mesh system. I setup the wifi network in AP mode since my router is a Huwei 5G CPE Pro and doesn’t support modem-only mode. I currently have a Move, Playbar, and 2 Sonos Ones. I reset each of the speakers and re-added them into my system. I am only having a connectivity issue with my Office Sonos One which sits on my desk next to the Nighthawk Satellite. If I unplug the power from my satellite and restart the Sonos app, the One connects every single time. Once I plug the satellite back in, the One will eventually drop from the system. I have submitted a diagnostic report: #1323332556. I have seen several other tickets regarding mesh systems dropping speakers but none of the guidance has resolved my issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Try moving the One further away from the satellite.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the help - great to see how involved the community is in supporting each other! In this particular room. the furthest I can seperate them is about 10 ft. which isn’t enough to resolve the issue. I was previously using a different mesh system (google wifi) and didn’t have any issues with a puck being right next to the speaker. I’m wondering what might be causing the conflict?