Sonos music dropout.

• 23 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a medium to large setup in my house and have one unit that repeatedly gives me the same issue.  It is a sonos amp that I have had for years and it will be playing music and suddenly stops for 10 to 15 seconds before starting where it left off and will not do it again in the session.  It’s almost like it is buffering.  Once it has done it once it might not do it again for hours.  It is wired and it is the only one I have issues with.  Internet is strong and I don’t have anything anywhere near it !   Anyone experienced and resolved similar ? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Stewart_9, Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Amp, so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi diagnosic number when it last happened today is 548295004.  Let me know if there is anything more I can send.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stewart_9, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, You’re right it detects that the Sonos Amp is hardwired and the wireless capability is turned off. but the system can’t detect any issues on it. Have you tried it on WiFi if it will be the same issue? Is it happening on all kinds of sources when playing on the Sonos Amp? Are there any changes made before this issue occurred?

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I had the same thing with unwired … (WiFi) diagnostic. 547738929.  I will try different sources but have tried that before.  This started occurring when I upgraded my other amps in my system.  This is the only one I have left but this one is deamed modern so I did not upgrade (and did not want the unnecessary cost to do so) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Stewart_9, thanks for the update and for sending another diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, It detects Audio dropouts and Audio playback error on the Connect Amp that you have. Kindly check these articles about Music service audio stops or skips and Reducing wireless interference for some troubleshooting steps on this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.