Skip to main content

Hi all,

My Move just randomly stops playing music. 

I have a Beam, a few One G2s and a Boost - they are all working fine. I know the Move and Boost can’t talk to each other. I have an extender which is In Use for my system. Am using Channel 11.  

The Move sometimes plays and sometimes doesn’t it’s completely random. I can see it on the app, it shows that it is playing music as in the little music bars are going up and down - sorry for my non-tech language but hope you know what I mean!

Touch controls on the Move work - if I hit Pause it will Pause the whole system even though music isn’t playing on it. 

Have submitted diagnostics 1074554245.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love my Sonos but this is starting to give me the irks. 

Thanks!

Petie

Have you tried resetting the Move?

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

Thank you, just tried that and set it up again. Same problem unfortunately!

Have you tried disconnecting your Boost?

The problem existed before I bought the Boost but will try, should I disconnect altogether or do you mean restart it?

Disconnect altogether.

petipoo,
I think the extender might be the ‘culprit’ here. I would setup the extender to operate using the same settings as the router and that includes the same SSID’s/Passwords, WiFi Channels and channel-width. It’s best if the router and extender is fixed to say Channel 11, 6 or 1 (I see you are using 11 and that’s probably fine) but ensure the channel-width is set to 20MHz to reduce interference and give best signal penetration and connect the Move to that band.

NB: Some extenders have ‘blacklisting’. If that’s the case, I would perhaps blacklist the Move to force it to connect just to the main router instead and reduce any potential backhaul when grouped with other players.