sonos move connection issues

• 30 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a new Sonos Move and the night I received i set it up with no problem.  The following morning I realized that I had it on a different WiFi network then my 4 Play1 speakers.  I followed the process of removing it from the base holding the power button for 5 second then pushing the pair button while putting it on the base.  The light blinks the app sees it it says it is connecting.  It does not appear with the other speakers.  If I power it off it briefly appears as unnamed room offline?  I have even tried switching it to Bluetooth and that doesn’t seem it be working the light does not blink blue?  I’m very frustrated that there is not direct phone number or email to get help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Perhaps try this…

• Remove from charger and shut down the speaker by holding the top rear power button for 5+ seconds until you hear the shutdown tone.
  • The next step is important - switch your mobile controller device either to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz WiFi network that you wish to put the Move onto. Fully close the controller app (slide off screen).
  • After more than 30 seconds after powering down the speaker - hold the rear bottom join button and power on the speaker by returning it to the charger loop. Do not let the join button go until you see the status LED flashing Amber. 
  • Let go the join button and then wait until the status LED flashes green. Now open the Sonos App. You maybe prompted to setup the Move, but if not goto ‘Settings/System/Add Product” and setup the Move on the correct WiFi by following the onscreen instructions.
Badge

Thanks Ken but I had the exact same results, it says it is connecting, when I look on my desktop app it says it needs to register my new product to my account I do that.  The mobile app says all done but if it doesn’t show up in system hold the power button five seconds then power back on.  Of course when I power it off I see unnamed room offline in the system list.  I feel the Move needs a factory reset?  Of course I have no idea how to do that.  BTW I have eliminated the incorrect WiFi network so it can’t connect there again.

Badge

Ken the fact that if I try to switch the Move to Bluetooth nothing happens has me confused.  I push that button and the light remains white not turning blue?

Thanks Ken but I had the exact same results, it says it is connecting, when I look on my desktop app it says it needs to register my new product to my account I do that.  The mobile app says all done but if it doesn’t show up in system hold the power button five seconds then power back on.  Of course when I power it off I see unnamed room offline in the system list.  I feel the Move needs a factory reset?  Of course I have no idea how to do that.  BTW I have eliminated the incorrect WiFi network so it can’t connect there again.

If you follow the instructions in my initial post above, it will factory reset the device.

Oh and don’t use an iOS device with v14.2 of iOS installed, as that version of iOS has a few issues. If using a later version of iOS,  also try with “Private Address” switched off in the network connection properties.