Skip to main content

Sonos Move blinks white

• 25 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I’ve had a Move for about 3 months. Recently the battery died and I put it back on the charging base. When I went to use it in a few days, it wasn’t found on my system. I checked the physical unit and the light on the top just blinks white. The battery light is also showing red.

I’ve tried rebooting it and resetting it. However both of those solutions require holding the power button until it turns the white light off/powers off. My unit WILL NOT do that. I’ve held the power button down for as long as 2+ minutes, with no effect.

I’m at a loss what to do next. Other than contact Sonos support, which I’ll do at some point, does anyone have any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chasmm,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. We really appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue with your Sonos Move and it looks like it’s not responding on the factory reset. At this point, I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Badge +1

Okay, this 

… contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. 

was on my to-do list today. Last night I brought the Move and charging base upstairs from my basement and was going to contact Sonos. I noticed that the battery had died. I made the assumption (I know, I know) that it would need a charge to do the troubleshooting, so I plugged it in, put it on the base, and went about my business. Lo and behold, at some point after it started charging, I noticed that it was present on my system and ready for use.

So, I’m not sure what the issue was, but I’m glad it’s resolved itself. Either that or the Sonos elves snuck into the house and fixed it.

I’m not saying it was the elves, but it definitely was.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chasmm, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that your Sonos Move is back online and charging again. Please continue to monitor your Sonos Move performance. In case you run into any issue with your Sonos, please feel free to reach out and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

Badge +1

Of course, I’ve celebrated too soon. I noticed a couple of days ago that it was doing the “blinking/flashing white light” again. I’m going to let the battery die, and recharge it and see if that resolves it again.

However, at this point, I have no confidence that I’ll be able to use the speaker whenever I need to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chasmm,  thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what happened. Seems like the issue is not resolved with your Sonos. I’d like to suggest contacting our phone support team to further look into this or possible product replacement. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.