sonos keeps cutting out

• 26 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a total of 4 sonos connect in my home for different rooms which can be synced. Recently only one of the rooms cuts out after roughly 15 minutes of play regardless of if its tv sound or music being played. 
i have reset the system to factory settings, upgraded the wife etc and the same issues still remains

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My units have been cutting out the past few days a lot.  Songs start on all units, one or two drop the song and then 10 seconds later it comes back.  Almost every time I manually  change tracks it happens.  I think the latest update started this.  

Two different issues.

For the OP, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up. My suspicion, based on the testing you’ve done, is some sort of hardware failure. But I would not recommend doing any further factory resets, at best it masks the issue, rather than fixing it. Not sure how your marital status affects this (just a joke on autocorrect, I get what you’re saying) , but it might be helpful to supply more information about just how your WiFi was upgraded, just in case.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

For @aaciii ,  I would recommend unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. When the router comes back up, plug in the Sonos devices. However, if this doesn’t work, I’d recommend following the instructions above.