Answered

Sonos Issues - Amps not playing

• 11 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey all - here is the basic situation:

• I have an 8 speaker Sonos system including 3 Amps
  • The Amps have all stopped producing sounds completely.
  • I have removed the Sonos Amps from the system, reset them, added them back in to no avail.  It looks like they are playing music but no sound is coming out of any of the three speakers. (All other speakers work normally including when grouped with the Amp)
  • Checked the speaker wiring (all looks good), ran speakers from another non-Sonos amp (played fine) so I am really not sure what the situation could be.

Any advice for troubleshooting?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 February 2024, 21:02

View original

3 replies

I’m not quite sure what the Mac update has to do with this?

What source are you trying to play on these Sonos Amps? Have you tried another source? Are your other Sonos speakers still working?

It’s unfortunate that you reset the Amps, in doing so, you deleted the information Sonos could use to assist. Still, if you think there may be a hardware issue, I would encourage you to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Thanks @Airgetlam 

I originally thought maybe my Mac update - which kept saying it was failing was partially to blame (no other device said I needed to update).  But I reinstalled Sonos fresh on my Mac and now it says that system is up to date.

I have tried multiple sources and all work fine for all the other speakers (Move, Beam, Arc, One) - it is just the Amps that have stopped playing.

Thanks for the suggestion on system diagnostics - I will do that.

Hello - I have exactly the same issue.

Did you find a solution? If yes, any tips?

Thanks