Answered

Sonos is not showing up in Apple TV Airplay

• 26 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I have old Play5 and One in my system. Apple TV, Sonos and IOS are all using the latest software versions. Every single device has been turned on and off many times and Bluetooth on/off too. All use the same 2.4 ghz wifi network. All devices within one meter of each other. Tried also to reset Sonos and create the Sonos system from scratch. Playing from Iphone works fine.

Strange thing is that when Apple TV was connected to 5 ghz network, Sonos showed up in Airplay. But refused to work obviously as my Sonos can connect only in 2.4 ghz network. Now in 2.4 ghz network, Sonos is not showing up in Airplay at all.

I have read the other discussions, tried everything I could find there. The problem persists.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 April 2022, 00:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you added the Sonos speakers as an Accessory in the Home app on your iPhone?

Either way, the PLAY:5 (old?) probably shouldn’t ever show up as an AirPlay 2 target, it’s old enough to have been designed and manufactured before such a thing existed.

The One, on the other hand, should always show up. I’d be tempted to reboot the router, as well as the Apple TV. 

“tried everything” is fairly non-specific, unfortunately. Hard to know exactly what has been tried.

Since Bluetooth isn’t used by either device as a transport mechanism for music, it shouldn’t make any difference. 

And even more unfortunately, the fact that it all works from your iPhone points to an issue on the Apple TV, rather than the Sonos….which means you may be better off looking to Apple for answers.

@ldnieani,
The ‘Airplay & HomeKit’ settings on Apple TV will use the ‘Rooms’ you have setup in the Home(kit) App (accessories), but have you checked if the Sonos Airplay devices can be seen in ‘Settings/Video and Audio/Audio Output’ and then select ‘Temporary Audio Output’ to show the Airplay listing for the local subnet?