Sonos is hardwired and still cuts our repeatedly when using Spotify

• 12 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbar and 2 x Sonos 1 set up .  The setup works perfectly for everything apart from music streaming, when it continually cuts out.

I have fibre to the home and have a physical cable from the router, which goes into a switch and is hardwired into the playbar.

Despite this being hardwired, every few minutes (sometimes seconds) the track I am playing via Spotify cuts out then comes back on again.

I have submitted a diagnostic (922714838)

Can someone please help me, as it is driving me insane?  :(

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not having access to the diagnostic my guess is wifi interference, which also can affect wired Sonos speakers. Changing the SonosNet channel, as described in the link, may help. Make sure your wifi 2,4 Ghz and SonosNet are on separate channels, 1, 6 or 11.

Another suggestion is to power off all Sonos, restart router and wait until the router is back before you power on Sonos, starting with the hardwired playbar.

Thanks. Just strange that the wifi is successfully managing to stream 4k content to my TV with no drop out, yet Sonos is struggling on wired or wifi.  Thanks for the other advice, I will give that a go.