Answered

Sonos in one room wont group with rest

• 10 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi,

i have a problem.!!! Recently one of my Sonia the one I have in the bathroom won’t play when I group all the rest of them! I can play separate music in the bathroom, and on the other 3 I can play same. But it don’t want to be grouped with the bathroom. How to fix?

icon

Best answer by ClausN 10 January 2021, 21:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Manually select all the available check-boxes next to each speaker/room in the room grouping screen in the App and see if that fixes it.

Hey, 

yeah tried that won’t work. Nothing happens. But all are connected and online, and I can play group 3 different in the living room and play something there, but the one in the bathroom don’t want to group with the rest, and I can play only separate music there

Manually select all the available check-boxes next to each speaker/room in the room grouping screen in the App and see if that fixes it.

In that case, perhaps screen-capture your issue with a video recording (showing you trying to manually select each one of the Sonos room check-boxes) and post a link to it here with a system diagnostic report taken shortly afterwards. Post the reference here too and then speak with Sonos Support via this LINK

Ensure you are selecting the ‘check boxes’ as shown in this short animation attached.

Ensure you are selecting the ‘check boxes’ as shown in this short animation attached.

Thanx for the video,  but I know how to use the grouping. And it has worked before. It’s just suddenly now it won’t work at all.

Thanx for the video,  but I know how to use the grouping. And it has worked before. It’s just suddenly now it won’t work at all.

Perhaps contact Sonos Support as mentioned in my earlier post - the link to their contact page is in that same post too… hope you get it sorted.

Have you tried a system refresh?:

Power off all Sonos, restart the router and wait until the router has fully restarted, before you power on Sonos.

Have you tried a system refresh?:

Power off all Sonos, restart the router and wait until the router has fully restarted, before you power on Sonos.

Hey, Thanx. I will try out that

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If the refresh works, consider assigning static/reserved IP addresses to your Sonos using the router’s DHCP page. It helps stability for a lot of folks.

If the refresh works, consider assigning static/reserved IP addresses to your Sonos using the router’s DHCP page. It helps stability for a lot of folks.

hey.. Hmm How do i do that? 🙈😝