Sonos having connection issues

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. I have original Sonos 1’s and a 5 speakers. I'm using an iPhone 11 to connect. I’m losing my connection and I’m receiving error messages ie. song is not encoded correctly etc. Anyone else have this issue?  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @deedlebug57.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, I need to ask a few more details, and the more information we can gather will help us resolve the problem. 

• Are you experiencing the issue just on a specific or on all music services? 
  • Is there any change made recently on the network, or was there a power outage?
  • When did you notice the issue started?
  • Have you tried to use another controller aside from the iPhone 11?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Same here since today. It’s annoying. I didn’t change anything but since today my speakers always drop the connection to SiriusXM and am not able to restart the stream. Getting the error message “song is not encoded correctly etc.” After resetting the entire sonos system (reboot of alle players (Play:1) and resetting the Sonos Boost it seems to work fine for a couple of minutes. Without any reasons the music stops and I cannot restart it. Always get the mentioned error message. STill on the Sonos S1 app.

All this started today and I had never any issues in the past.

Please help.

Please re-read the post immediately before yours.