Answered

sonos disconnections

Good morning, I have the following issue. When my iPhone is out of range of the Wi-Fi zone to which sonos is is also connected, the system stops playing music. In other words, both the iPhone and the speakers have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi. Otherwise it doesn’t work. Before I could start a playlist and then I could even turn off the iPhone and the music would continue playing. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by John B 16 July 2022, 11:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What is the source of music playing on the Sonos? If it’s stored on your phone (and that implies use of AirPlay 2), it would certainly lose the signal as the iPhone left the LAN. However, if you’re streaming from somewhere else, it absolutely shouldn’t drop at all. 

Hi Bruce, thanks for your answer. The source of the music is either Sonos itself or Spotify.

But are you playing those sources from your phone to the system using Airplay?  If so, then yes, the music will stop because it has to have some route to the speaker.  But if you were playing music from Spotify within the Sonos app then the music is fetched by the speaker from the music service and would continue to play.  However, you would not be able to use the app to control the music until the app was back in range.