Answered

Sonos Connect no longer streams spotify

• 16 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have been using Spotify connect for over 4 years now.  About 3 months ago it stopped playing Spotify.  I can start a song, however 5 seconds later it stops.  If I turn the volume up or down it works for another 5 seconds.  I have updated the software on all devices.  The connect is wired (therefore is not a network issue).

All other streaming apps work fine, it is just Spotify that doesn’t work - which is frankly the only streaming service that should work.

please help - this is driving me crazy.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 October 2021, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try the troubleshooting tips in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305?language=en_US

Hi GuitarSuperstar,

Thank you for sending through the article.  I had found it previously and worked through each of steps meticulously to no avail.  

I tested my friends Sonos amp and it works perfectly with Spotify on the same network, yet my older product seems to be the only one having any issue.  My Sonos Connect device plays Sonos radio without any issue, it seems to only have this issue when streaming music via spotify.  All my other Sonos speakers (version 1 and 2) work fine with spotify as well.

Curiously I can get a continuous stream to work on spotify if I adjust the volume on my phone every 3 seconds i.e. if I turn then volume up 1 wait three seconds then down one after 3 seconds.  The longer I keep this going the longer the song plays without dropping out.  However as you can imagine this a laborious workaround and not something that is going to solve my issue.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been using Spotify connect for over 4 years now

Do you play from the Spotify app to the Sonos Connect?

If, can you try another device (another phone, pc, tablet), or try a different ethernet cable?

Hi Claus,

Do you play from the Spotify app to the Sonos Connect?

I try from my PC, from the Sonos App, directly from Spotify (which is the way it worked for years) - it occurs on all devices that attempt to play from Spotify (friends and family).  Curiously, the volume workaround work on these other devices as well.

If, can you try another device (another phone, pc, tablet), or try a different ethernet cable?

I have plugged it in directly to my router with a variety of different cables (Cat5 and 6) - still the same behavior.  My friends Sonos Amp worked perfectly over WiFi.

Thanks,

Daniel

Note that there are two threads trying to solve this issue. The other is:

Hi Airgetlam,

You are correct.  For some reason the status of my request was set to answered - however I see it is back to being a question - however am happy to close this one as all the details are contained in the link you posted above.

Thanks