Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Connect is offline and can't get back on the network

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Last night, there was a power outage at my house. When the power came back on, most of my Sonos products came back online. But not my Sonos Connect. After a factory reset, my Sonos app was able to see the Connect. But I still can’t get it back online. Is there a step I need to take? Do I need to hardwire the Connect to the router in order to bring the Connect back online? It’s stuck at this stage:

Hi.  For future reference, factory resets are not recommended except in very specific circumstances.

What exactly happens when you tap ‘Add Product’?

Yes, it may help to wire it while you try to add it.

Do you have any other Sonos devices wired?

I would just see what happens when you cable the ‘Connect’ to the router and if it does come back online, check for any updates, try toggling it’s WiFi off/on again, then try adding your WiFi credentials to it using the ‘Update Networks’ feature in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and if successful, then see if it works uncabled. Hope you managed to get it sorted.

Thanks everyone. I ended up doing some trouble shooting with the Sonos support desk. Turns out my Connect can’t be helped. I need to upgrade to the Port.  

Power surges after power cuts can be bad news for electronic kit. I don't know if that is what happened here, but it is worth having surge protection on your sockets.